Soft Robotics designs and builds soft robotic gripping systems and automation solutions that can grasp and manipulate items of varying size, shape and weight with the same tool.* We solve previously off-limits automation challenges for customers in food & beverage, advanced manufacturing and e-commerce.
Robust patent portfolio covering 10 issued, 25 pending Harvard University and 21 company owned applications
Customers: Fortune 500 customers include Just Born Quality Confections (maker of Peeps), a large global pizza retailer, consumer goods manufacturer, and e-commerce company
Development: Pipeline of innovation from
George Whitesides’ lab at Harvard University
Unique Technology: By leveraging the properties of soft and compliant materials, Soft Robotics is able to build a fundamentally new set of self-adaptive and dexterous robotic hands that enable a new generation of robotic systems that do not require sensors or other electromechanical device
Soft Robotics is the key to unlocking automation for all markets
Human hand-like dexterity: Designed to mimic the human hand to grasp and manipulate items that vary in size, shape, and weight.
Smart materials: Novel approach solves problem through material science, not through higher levels of cost and complexity.
Plug and play: Turnkey solution that unlocks the transformational benefits of automation for all markets.
- Advanced the technology and scaled manufacturing to meet automation standards of Fortune 100 companies
- First production installations in advanced manufacturing and food automation
- Granted Japanese FDA certification for food handling
- Piloting ecommerce solution, SuperPick, with key customers
- Technology recognized as a 2018 CES Innovation Award nominee in the Robotics & Drones category
- Named to the RBR50: Robotic Business Review’s ranking of industry leading robotic companies
- Named to the THRIVE AgTech Top 50: Ranking of top agtech companies shaping the future of agriculture
- 2017 MassTLC Winner for Most Innovative Tech of the Year: Robotics