Director of Sales/Field Sales Manager - US Central
Soft Robotics Inc. is a venture-backed startup in Cambridge, MA that designs and builds grippers, gripper controllers, and autonomous manipulation systems that can handle items of varying size, shape and weight with a single device. By leveraging the science of soft robotic actuators, it is now possible to automate facilities that have traditionally depended on manual labor for bin picking, order fulfillment, and other complex pick and place tasks.
This high visibility career building position is an opportunity for an experienced robotics and automation sales specialist to work with a team of extraordinarily impressive, bright, focused and motivated professionals in an environment that encourages and rewards out of the box creativity and entrepreneurial drive.
The Director of Sales, Central will be responsible for making, personally closing and driving the sales of the company's products and solutions directly to end user food processing manufacturers and through integration partners and distribution channels in the Central region of the US.
The successful candidate will leverage the already established footprint and will develop and implement a sales strategy for the food manufacturing/processing market in the assigned territory. They will develop, establish and lead an effective standardized sales process including prospecting, lead generation/qualification/follow-up and order closing focusing on maximizing value for food manufacturing customers. Working closely with the marketing team they will develop and execute marketing programs, select, plan and staff trade shows, and will gather and communicate customer feedback to help drive product improvement and new product development
- Qualified candidates will offer significant experience (10 years minimum) successfully exceeding quotas selling robotic based industrial automation solutions to markets that include food production. Former President’ Club winners highly preferred
- Experience selling new conceptual and innovative products preferred
- Must be a results oriented self-starter and capable of working in a fast paced, startup environment
- A technical under graduate degree is preferred and will help establish credibility with the decision makers who are usually degreed engineers as well
- Experience with the use and administration of SalesForce.com or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to help plan, manage and track the sales process
- Must have active, leverageable relationships within the robotics and automation market with end users, robot manufacturers and systems integrators
- Personable, energetic, responsive, confident and honest
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, send resume and if applicable, a portfolio of your work to: email@example.com
Soft Robotics Inc. is located in the Greater Boston Area; no relocation assistance will be provided.
No third party agents; only direct applicants will be considered.
Soft Robotics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Soft Robotics Inc. will not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We are an E-Verify Employer.