Manager/Director Human Resources
Soft Robotics Inc. is a venture-backed startup in Cambridge, MA that integrates patented soft actuator technologies, a proprietary vision system, and artificial intelligence stack into robotic gripping, and autonomous manipulation solutions that can handle items of varying size, shape and weight with high-speed, precision, and a human-like touch. By leveraging the science of soft robotics, it is now possible to automate facilities that have traditionally depended upon manual labor for bin picking, order fulfillment, and other complex pick and place tasks. This technology is proven in manufacturing installations today and enabling new robotic solutions for the food supply chain, advanced manufacturing applications, and the e-commerce logistics industry.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a strategic, resourceful, collaborative leader for a highly visible role in a dynamic and growing organization. This person will proactively partner with the CEO and executive team in a hands-on, active role.
A critical member of the management team, this person will lead the delivery of organizational strategy and business-focused programs and initiatives. He/she will provide vision and leadership to the human resources function, ensuring that the company’s growth and strategic business objectives are driven forward.
Serve as an active participant in the development of Soft Robotics business strategy with a focus on delivering best-practice HR management initiatives.
Develop, implement, and evaluate Soft Robotics HR function to ensure its efficiency and effectiveness.
Develop a strategic human resource plan that aligns with the business and provides Soft Robotics with the best talent available.
Develop staffing strategies and plans to identify talent inside and outside of Soft Robotics for key roles and succession. Ensure that talent gaps are identified and develop specific programs for filling gaps that impact business success. Work with leaders to build bench strength across the organization.
Ensure progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs that are motivating and serve the organization well from both a short and long-term perspective.
Create learning and development frameworks to ensure consistent development of employees.
Manage the budget and other financial metrics of the HR department to ensure effectiveness and a strong ROI.
Serve as a coach and a partner to senior leaders in the organization.Work collaboratively across all organizational levels in alignment with Soft Robotic’s strategy, vision, and values.
- Bachelor’s degree or professional human resources certification required, Masters strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience, 5+ years in a management role.
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing and executing strategic HR plans that align with the business objectives.
- Prior experience as head of Human Resources in a small, high growth environment.
- Experience working with a PEO is required
- Experience working in the robotics/hi-tech industry strongly preferred
- Proven experience taking a project from idea to execution (strategy to operational) quickly and independently. Thrives on change.
- Hands-on approach with critical thinking and planning aptitude.
- Proven track record of creating high trust relationships at all organizational levels. Experience working with a variety of senior level stakeholders, including the Board of Directors.
- Experience managing company culture through periods of significant change. Competencies sought include in the areas problem solving/analysis, project management, communication proficiency, managing change, performance management, business acumen, personal effectiveness/credibility, flexibility and initiative.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, send resume and if applicable, a portfolio of your work to: email@example.com
Soft Robotics Inc. is located in the Greater Boston Area; no relocation assistance will be provided.
No third party agents; only direct applicants will be considered.
Soft Robotics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Soft Robotics Inc. will not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We are an E-Verify Employer.