Principal Electrical Engineer
Soft Robotics Inc. is a venture-backed startup in Cambridge, MA that designs, manufactures, and sells pneumatic grippers, high-performance gripper control systems, and integrated manipulation solutions. By leveraging our patented soft robotic actuator technology, it is now possible to automate applications that have traditionally depended solely on human labor for the execution of bin picking, order fulfillment, and other complex pick and place tasks.
We are looking to hire a Principal Electrical Engineer to participate in R&D and Product Development activities as we bring to market high-value automation solutions that leverage state-of-the-art soft robotic systems and integrated sensing and computer vision for object detection, grasping, and manipulation.
- Perform electronics architecture design and development;
- Design analog and digital circuits and subsystems;
- Perform schematic capture, circuit simulation and PCB artwork design;
- Design for safety, manufacturability, reliability and test;
- Perform system test and debug;
- Design and run verification and validation test protocols;
- Support manufacturing and test;
- Participate in risk management and design control activities;
- Perform Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA);
- Participate in design reviews and document development activities per established product development process;
- Mentor junior engineers and interns/coops;
- Other duties as required.
- BS in Electrical Engineering required; Advanced degree(s) a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in product development organizations ideally working under a certified quality system;
- Versatility in other disciplines (Mechanical and Software Engineering) is highly desired;
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements for commercial and industrial products is a must as is experience producing compliant design control documentation;
- Experience with robotic or other complex electromechanical systems is strongly desired;
- Demonstrated track record of exceptional individual performance in a fast paced environment;
- Fluent in a modern electronic design automation (EDA) tool suite; Altium Designer experience strongly desired; MATLAB for mathematical analysis a plus;
- Familiarity with microprocessor/microcontroller systems desired; programming experience a plus;
- Ability to execute complex assembly and test procedures and gather data;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Proficiency in the creation and maintenance of documentation;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to work independently but also thrives in highly integrated team environments;
- A passion for robotics is preferred!
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, send resume and if applicable, a portfolio of your work to: email@example.com
Soft Robotics Inc. is located in the Greater Boston Area; no relocation assistance will be provided.
No third party agents; only direct applicants will be considered.
Soft Robotics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Soft Robotics Inc. will not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We are an E-Verify Employer.