Soft Robotics Inc. is a venture-backed startup in Cambridge, MA that integrates patented soft actuator technologies, a proprietary vision system, and artificial intelligence stack into robotic gripping, and autonomous manipulation solutions that can handle items of varying size, shape and weight with high-speed, precision, and a human-like touch. By leveraging the science of soft robotics, it is now possible to automate facilities that have traditionally depended upon manual labor for bin picking, order fulfillment, and other complex pick and place tasks. This technology is proven in manufacturing installations today and enabling new robotic solutions for the food supply chain, advanced manufacturing applications, and the e-commerce logistics industry.
We are looking to hire a Purchasing Specialist to participate in Operations Activities.
The Purchasing Specialist will report to the Manufacturing and Operations Lead and will work to source materials and services for the Manufacturing and Engineering organizations.
The ideal candidate for this role has start-up experience and is comfortable working under tight timelines in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Search inventory records or warehouses to determine if material on hand is of sufficient quantity to meet production demands
- Work with vendors to obtain pricing, availability, and delivery schedules
- Determine method of procurement (e.g. purchase order, credit card)
- Prepare purchase orders and solicit purchase approvals
- Negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority
- Maintain procurement records (i.e. items/services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality)
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
- Confer with suppliers concerning late deliveries or to expedite delivery of goods
- Work with accounting to select invoices for payment
- Perform regular inventory audits
- Other Duties as required.
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or experience with manufacturing processes
- Experience working with parts and assembly drawings
- Computer literacy - MS Office experience
- Understanding of lead time manipulation, expediting, and blanket order generation
- Understanding of MRP/ERP systems
- Strong work ethic with results-driven approach
- Technical or mechanical background
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to details and the ability to work independently required.
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or experience with manufacturing processes
- Experience buying electro-mechanical components (i.e. complex machined components, optical components, cable assemblies, weldments and robotics)
- Experience with Fishbowl (MRP/ERP system)
- Knowledge of 5S and LEAN principles.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, send resume and if applicable, a portfolio of your work to: email@example.com
Soft Robotics Inc. is located in the Greater Boston Area; no relocation assistance will be provided.
No third-party agents; only direct applicants will be considered.
Soft Robotics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Soft Robotics Inc. will not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We are an E-Verify Employer.