Shipping & Inventory Specialist
Soft Robotics Inc. is a venture-backed startup in Cambridge, MA that integrates patented soft actuator technologies, a proprietary vision system, and artificial intelligence stack into robotic gripping, and autonomous manipulation solutions that can handle items of varying size, shape and weight with high-speed, precision, and a human-like touch. By leveraging the science of soft robotics, it is now possible to automate facilities that have traditionally depended upon manual labor for bin picking, order fulfillment, and other complex pick and place tasks. This technology is proven in manufacturing installations today and enabling new robotic solutions for the food supply chain, advanced manufacturing applications, and the e-commerce logistics industry.
We are looking to hire a Shipping & Inventory Specialist to participate in Operations Activities. The role’s primary responsibility is to ensure that all Shipping/ Receiving activities as well as all Inventory Control are conducted with a high degree of accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Receiving and initial inspection of all goods and equipment delivered from vendors and partners
- Shipping of all products by FedEx or other logistics partners to domestic and international locations
- Accurate accounting of all raw and finished goods inventory to include quarterly sample cycle counts and yearly full counts
- Maintenance of all packaging inventory
- Ownership of all inventory and shipping areas for cleanliness and orderly appearance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as an integral part of the team to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Participation in manufacturing actives during low volume periods of shipping demand; or high-volume periods of manufacturing demand, including electro-mechanical assembly
- Other Duties as required.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in a logistics and inventory management role
- 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of shipping systems (Fedex/UPS Parcel & Freight)
- Understanding of MRP/ERP systems
- Proficiency in use of MS Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to details and the ability to work independently required.
- Technical/trade school or military logistics background
- 5 years of experience in a logistics and inventory management role
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of international shipping regulations
- Proficiency with MRP/ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Fishbowl)
- Knowledge of 5S and LEAN principles
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, send resume and if applicable, a portfolio of your work to: email@example.com
Soft Robotics Inc. is located in the Greater Boston Area; no relocation assistance will be provided.
No third-party agents; only direct applicants will be considered.
Soft Robotics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Soft Robotics Inc. will not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We are an E-Verify Employer.