Software Engineer (Various Levels)
Soft Robotics Inc. is a venture-backed startup in Cambridge, MA that integrates patented soft actuator technologies, a proprietary vision system, and artificial intelligence stack into robotic gripping, and autonomous manipulation solutions that can handle items of varying size, shape and weight with high-speed, precision, and a human-like touch. By leveraging the science of soft robotics, it is now possible to automate facilities that have traditionally depended upon manual labor for bin picking, order fulfillment, and other complex pick and place tasks. This technology is proven in manufacturing installations today and enabling new robotic solutions for the food supply chain, advanced manufacturing applications, and the e-commerce logistics industry.
We are looking to hire a Software Engineer to participate in R&D and Product Development activities. We are considering exceptional applications at the Senior Engineer (SE), Principal Engineer (PE) and Senior Principal (SPE) levels, with the level determined by the applicant's skills and work experience.
The ideal candidate will be a professional software engineer who is comfortable working on software-only projects as well as those that interface with sensors and actuators via USB, SPI, digital I/O, etc. This candidate will work on a variety of customer-focused projects throughout the product development life cycle, from initial proofs of concept through robust production-ready implementations. Successful candidates will have a passion for working on challenging, high-impact problems that involve both software and hardware development.
- Design and develop software that interfaces with cameras, sensors, industrial manipulators and other electromechanical devices;
- Contribute to the team's full-stack software development, from low-level control to user-facing applications;
- Implement algorithms that collect and analyze data, both locally and via the cloud;
- Work with a cross-functional engineering team and other company stakeholders to identify new product concepts;
- Participate in software design and risk management activities
- Mentor junior engineers and interns/coops;
- Other duties as required.
Minimum qualifications (level will be commensurate with experience):
- Comfortable developing software in a Linux environment;;
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Proficiency in the creation and maintenance of documentation;
- Demonstrated track record of exceptional individual performance in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong attention to details;
- Ability to work independently but also thrives in highly integrated team environments.
- Experience in product development organizations ideally working under a certified quality system;
- Experience with "best practices" such as issue tracking, static code checking, and automated testing;
- Experience with UI/UX design and development;
- Versatility in other disciplines (Mechanical and Electrical Engineering) or “Maker” experience is highly desired;
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements for software development in a commercial/industrial setting;
- Familiarity with microprocessor/microcontroller systems desired; FW development experience a plus;
- A passion for robotics is preferred!
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, send resume and if applicable, a portfolio of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soft Robotics Inc. is located in the Greater Boston Area; no relocation assistance will be provided.
No third party agents; only direct applicants will be considered.
Soft Robotics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Soft Robotics Inc. will not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We are an E-Verify Employer.