Senior Market Manager
Soft Robotics Inc. is a venture-backed startup in Cambridge, MA that integrates patented soft actuator technologies, a proprietary vision system, and artificial intelligence stack into robotic gripping, and autonomous manipulation solutions that can handle items of varying size, shape and weight with high-speed, precision, and a human-like touch. By leveraging the science of soft robotics, it is now possible to automate facilities that have traditionally depended upon manual labor for bin picking, order fulfillment, and other complex pick and place tasks. This technology is proven in manufacturing installations today and enabling new robotic solutions for the food supply chain, advanced manufacturing applications, and the e-commerce logistics industry.
The primary responsibility of this position is to help develop and execute the Soft Robotics Market Development and Product Marketing Strategy to maximize share capture of the >$6B addressable market. This role will also be responsible for understanding user needs and Voice of the Customer, leading product launches, customer analysis, positioning, competitive analysis and owning all activities around defining and communicating marketing messaging.
Market Management and Development (65%)
Develop and execute Soft Robotics market development strategy across prioritized industry verticals. Partner with internal and external communication resources to drive relevant product marketing message through all communication channels. This includes:
- Partner with Sales Operations team to develop and execute necessary market and competitive analyses to identify and/or validate strategic direction
- Define and execute messaging content build for critical marketing materials, including but not limited to marketing collateral, white paper, website, blog site and customer portal
- Partner with internal and external resources to help Soft Robotics create a strong end-user pull to solve automation problems they cannot solve today
- Support development and drive execution of Sales Training programs
- Develop and drive Soft Robotics Certified Partner Program
Product Management and New Product Development (25%)
Partner with the CTO organization to provide marketing leadership to the product development process. This includes but is not limited to:
- Market research to identify unmet needs, collecting Voice of the Customer (VOC) to better understand the job that integrators and end-users are looking to solve through one on one interviews, surveys, ethnographic research, etc.
- Use VOC results to develop User Needs and lead effort to translate User Needs into Design Inputs.
- Lead Validation of User Needs prior to commercialization.
- Lead marketing activities to ensure successful product launches
Financial Management (10%)
Responsible for interfacing with cross-functional teams to ensure existing product portfolio is current and necessary (Product Life Cycle Management):
- Analyze product costs, develop forecasts, establish list pricing
- Forecast demand and plan supply requirements.
- B.S. Degree required. BS in Engineering preferred..
- 2+ years engineering experience required; 4+ years market development and/or business strategy experience required
- Experience launching new products and working at a start-up company preferred
- Management Consulting experience with focus on sales and marketing preferred
- Experience with companies in industrial automation preferred
- Proven track record in user needs assessment that translated into a successful new product offering
- Experience with CRMs such as Salesforce is a plus
- Comfortable working in an unstructured and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent track record in establishing solid business relationships with internal and external partners
- Self-Motivated and Results Driven with strong Analytical Skills and Communication Skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Personable, Energetic, Responsive, Confident and Honest
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, send resume and if applicable, a portfolio of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soft Robotics Inc. is located in the Greater Boston Area; no relocation assistance will be provided.
No third party agents; only direct applicants will be considered.
Soft Robotics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Soft Robotics Inc. will not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We are an E-Verify Employer.