Senior Quality Engineer
Soft Robotics Inc. is a venture-backed startup in Cambridge, MA that integrates patented soft actuator technologies, a proprietary vision system, and artificial intelligence stack into robotic gripping, and autonomous manipulation solutions that can handle items of varying size, shape and weight with high-speed, precision, and a human-like touch. By leveraging the science of soft robotics, it is now possible to automate facilities that have traditionally depended upon manual labor for bin picking, order fulfillment, and other complex pick and place tasks. This technology is proven in manufacturing installations today and enabling new robotic solutions for the food supply chain, advanced manufacturing applications, and the e-commerce logistics industry.
We are looking to hire a Senior Quality Engineer to participate in Quality and Document Control activities. The primary responsibility is to ensure that the products procured, assembled, tested and shipped are in compliance with both Soft Robotics and customer requirements as well as applicable quality standards.
- Manage all quality-related issues within the manufacturing and technical operations teams.
- Develop, validate, and refine quality processes and procedures for in-coming, in-process, and final inspection of products.
- Manage Non-Conforming Materials Process and Material Review Board for product failures observed at SRI.
- Manage customer complaint process and formally document returned material investigations.
- Implement and maintain Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with regulatory and quality standards.
- Manage Document Control process for record/file management and archiving.
- Produce, track and trend quality metrics and submit timely reports to update Management Review and other meetings as assigned. Identify non-conformance trends by supporting root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action and continuous improvement of program activities.
- Assist with new product development and transfer to manufacturing.
- Critical review and approval of design changes
- Conduct internal audits and external supplier audits
- Assist in supplier control for continuous improvement processes and resolves conflicts impacting product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Assurance of high level of compliance to ISO 9001 Quality System
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent education;
- 5-7 years’ related experience;
- Thorough knowledge of ISO 9000 Family Quality Systems Requirements or equivalent;
Familiarity with SPC, Experimental Design and Statistical Sampling Techniques;
Proficiency in use of MS Office products;
Experience with the manufacture of complex microprocessor-controlled systems desired;
Proficiency in the creation and maintenance of documentation;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
Strong attention to details and the ability to work independently required.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, send resume and if applicable, a portfolio of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The above job description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Soft Robotics Inc. is located in the Greater Boston Area; no relocation assistance will be provided.
No third party agents; only direct applicants will be considered.
Soft Robotics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Soft Robotics Inc. will not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We are an E-Verify Employer.